Dr. Wasim Qazi
Doctorates from the Australian Catholic University (Australia) and Eastern Kentucky University (EKU)
PhD in Educational Administration
Masters in Philosophy
Senior Management Consultant of Europena Commission
Director Operations Teachers Training Program ESRA USAID
International Visiting Scholar Western Michigan University
Prof. Dr. Wasim Qazi is a Vice Chancellor of Iqra University, having previously served as an Executive Director of the IU from 2004 to 2010. Dr. Qazi initiated his career in 1995-96 from Hamdard University as a Special Assistant to the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. In 1999, he joined the University of Lahore as an Advisor to the Rector and Director in the Institute of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Lahore. He was also engaged as an Advisor to the Board of Governors, University of Faisalabad.
Dr. Qazi received his post doctorates from the Australian Catholic University (Australia) and Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) and was an International Visiting Scholar at the Western Michigan University (USA). He earned a PhD in Educational Administration from Hamdard University and Masters in Philosophy from the University of Karachi.
He also contributed his expertise as the Director Operation for Teacher’s Training for ESRA and RTI–USAID and is a Senior Management Consultant to European Commission. As a Consultant and Project Director, the efforts of Dr. Qazi have materialized into connecting IU to a multitude of international donor organizations: USAID, UNICEF, World Bank, British Council and European Commission amongst others. At present, he is involved in diverse assignments in the Department of Education and Learning Sciences; specifically, in the area of Continuous Professional Development.
As a part of the broad based collaboration IU and EKU, Dr. Qazi is working on: the comparative analysis of school reform interventions; devising a rubric for blended learning methods in developing countries; and developing a futuristic scenario for higher education in the year 2050. With an established research and knowledge transfer track record, he has been instrumental in cementing institutional engagements with a host of organizations to develop a stimulating research partnership and generate literature relatable to the academic practices in the developing world.
Therefore, as an expert in education policy, management and research, Dr. Qazi has numerous international publications to his credit. He has presented in a range of global forums and transnational conferences; peer reviewed academic papers in prestigious journals; mentored and successfully supervised a number of M.Phil and PhD students. His scholastic interests comprise gender-specific educational interventions, school management committees, instructional, learning and cognitive sciences.
Refereed Journal Publication :
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A. & Shah, N. (2018). Acceptance of E-book Reading among Higher Education Students in Developing Country: The Modified Diffusion Innovation Theory. International Journal of Business Information Systems, 27(2), 222-245. (Scopus Index) https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBIS.2018.089113
- Ali, M., Raza, S. A., Qazi, W., & Puah, C. H. (2018). Assessing the e-learning system in higher education institutes: evidence from structural equation modelling. Interactive Technology and Smart Education, 15(1), 59-78. ( Emerald) https://doi.org/10.1108/ITSE-02-2017-0012
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., & Sharif, A. (2017). Higher Education Development and Unemployment in Pakistan: Evidence from Structural Break Testing. Global Business Review, 18(5), 1–22. (Scopus Index) http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0972150917710344
- Qazi, W., Sharif, A., & Raza, S. A. (2017). Foreign direct investment and higher education development in Pakistan: evidence from structural break testing. International Journal of Education Economics and Development, 8(1), 1-21. (Scopus Index) https://doi.org/10.1504/IJEED.2017.085359
- Raza, S. A., Qazi, W., & Umer, A. (2017). Facebook Is a Source of Social Capital Building Among University Students: Evidence From a Developing Country. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 55(3), 295-322. (JCR Index) (Impact factor 1.179) https://doi.org/10.1177/0735633116667357
- Najmi, A., Raza, S.A. & Qazi, W. (2017). Does Statistics Anxiety Affect Students’ Performance in Higher Education? The Role of Students’ Commitment, Self-Concept and Adaptability. International Journal of Management in Education. (Scopus Index)
- Raza, S. A., Umer, A., Qazi, W., & Makhdoom, M. (2017). The Effects of Attitudinal, Normative, and Control Beliefs on M-Learning Adoption Among the Students of Higher Education in Pakistan. Journal of Educational Computing Research,1-26 (JCR Index) (Impact factor 1.179) https://doi.org/10.1177/0735633117715941
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., Jawaid, S. T., & Karim, M. Z. A. (2016). Does expanding higher education reduce income inequality in emerging economy? Evidence from Pakistan. Studies in Higher Education, 1-21. (JCR Index) (Impact Factor 1.222) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2016.1172305
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., & Jawaid, S. T. (2014). Higher education and growth performance of Pakistan: evidence from multivariate framework. Quality & Quantity, 48(3), 1651-1665. (JCR Index) (Impact Factor 1.094) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-013-9866-9
- Bhutto, M. L., Qazi, W., & Rawat, K. J. (2014). Effect of Teaching of Fractions through Constructivist Approach on Learning Outcomes of Public Sector Primary Schools Teacher, 36(1),15-35. (HEC Recognized “Y”)
- Qazi, W., Rawat, K. J., Sharjeel, M. Y., & Devi, S. (2008). Teacher Perception About Implementation Strategy of B. Ed Teaching practice in Real School Classrooms: Issues and Challenges. Sindh University Journal of Education, 38, 54-76.
- Qazi, D. W., Rawat, D. K. J., & Khoso, N. A. (2008). Sustainable teacher development: Exploring the effect of follow up support as an element. The Sindh University Journal of Education, 37, 55-71.
Accepted Journal Publications (In Press) :
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., & Shah, N. Factors Affecting the Motivation and Intention to Become an Entrepreneur among Business University Students. (Inderscience)
Submitted Journal Publications :
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., & Shah, N. "Influence of the Big Five personality traits on academic motivation among higher education students: Evidence from developing nation". Submitted for review and Publication
- Arif, I., Umer A., and Qazi, W.. “A Phantom Model Approach to Explore the Relationship among University Teachers’ Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Labor Strategies and Teaching Satisfaction.” Submitted for review and publication.
- Qazi, W., Raza, S. A., & Umer, A. "Is Social Capital Building the Motive Behind the Usage of Facebook in University Students? Evidence from Emerging Economy". Submitted for review and Publication
- Qazi, W., & Raza, S. A. "The Impact of Student Attitude, Trust, Subjective Norms, Motivation and Rewards on Knowledge Sharing Attitudes among University Students". Submitted for review and Publication
Journal Reviewer :
- International Journal of Educational Development ( Elsevier Publisher)
- International Journal of Educational Development (Elsevier Publisher)
- Asia Pacific Education Review (Springer Publisher)
- International Journal of Education & Development (Inderscience publisher)